What to do when your geyser bursts
A burst geyser is a plumbing emergency, follow the below instructions and then contact us immediately:
- Find your electrical mains board (DB board) and switch off your geyser.
- Locate your water mains tap and close it.
- Open up a few hot water taps to reduce pressure in the Geyser and reduce water pouring from the geyser.
- Move furniture and other items away from the leak area before the water spreads.
- Mop up as much excess water as you can to try and avoid damage to anything close by.
- Call your insurance company and plumber.
Need Immediate Assistance? We’re Standing By.
Call 061-947-3369 now!
Tips to prevent a burst geyser
A burst geyser can cause serious damage. Using a certified plumber only; follow these prevention tips:
- Have your geyser serviced at least every 3 years.
- Ensure a drip tray is installed to reduce damage in the event of your geyser bursting.
- Ensure the temperature setting is correct and make use of a geyser blanket.
- Avoid allowing your geyser to go cold.
- If you notice the following, call your plumber: your geyser keeps tripping your power, excessive water or steam coming from the overflow pipe, loud and odd noises from the geyser or pressure and temperature changes.
*A geyser blanket will not only help insulate and regulate temperature when there is a power outage, but it will also help reduce your electricity bill.
Call 061-947-3369 now to schedule a service on your geyser
with your friendly local plumbers.
Our 24hr standby plumbing teams are here to deal with any plumbing emergency you may have.